View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #7
3geekfamily
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Mini Hardtop JCW

My 2021 M2C is on order - Hockenheim Silver, Orange accents, 6MT, Executive Pkg, black wheels.

Waiting on confirmation, but my first proposed pickup date is September 18th. My order and delivery dates were submitted on May 8th - haven't heard confirmation from the dealer yet.

My plans include a long run for roughly 1200 miles - running down through Innsbruck, Venice, Florence, Genoa, Milan, then back up through Zurich and Stuttgart, eventually stopping at a BMW dealer for my post-break-in service, before heading over to Nürburgring. After that, it's up through Brussels, to Amsterdam, and then over to Bremerhaven to drop the car off at port.

From there, we'll taxi to Bremen, where we will take a train over to Berlin, then another train back to Munich to fly out.

I think that September is going to be a good bet - we should be pretty well in the clear from this round of COVID-19, with just some relatively minor restrictions remaining, like wearing masks. Assuming we do see a resurgence in the fall, as many are suggesting, it shouldn't start to hit until late October, so we're well in the clear.

I wasn't planning on buying this M2C - I had originally planned to grab something else, while I waited to see what the G80 M3 LCI looked like in a couple of years - but BMW announcing the end of European Delivery has forced my hand, not that I'm upset at all. This has been a big one on my bucket list, along with hitting the Autobahn and Nurburgring, so I knew I had to pull the trigger immediately! I tend to go through cars quite quickly, so I'm hoping the additional emotional attachment from having such a grand adventure will help quell that a bit. Only time will tell, I suppose!
Appreciate 0