Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The direct plug in works way better than the Wi-Fi setup in all BMWs.
Eh? The wifi system is absolutely brilliant. I never even take my phone out my pocket. Never failed. Never had a dropout. 11/10.
I'm glad that it works well enough for your needs and I agree, an automatic wireless audio connection will always win in the convenience department, hands down.. Nothing beats hopping into your vehicle and everything is already loaded and ready to go, without even touching your phone.

However, there is factually a loss in quality, via a compressed wireless connection. I could not bear with the thought of dealing with sound latency and leaving better source of audio clarity, on the table, by using Bluetooth or WiFi to stream audio, expect maybe in a pinch.

I'm guessing that's one of the reasons a few owners complain about the Harmon Kardon audio quality in the 2 Series, which I in my opinion, sounds just fine, if used with the proper audio source.

I split the baby and went sort of old/new school and uses a dedicated iPhone 5S, plugged directly into the vehicle's Snap-In Adaptor, with the audio fidelity set to 320KBPS, i.e. CD quality sound, streaming from the native BMW APPS.

My main phone is never encumbered by the vehicle's entertainment system and my audio source is not possible compromised in quality.

Win-Win in my humble opinion but no judgement to anyone else that choose to go difference route in sourcing their tunes, I'm merely just schooling them to the game

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...io-to-your-bmw
Attached Images

Appreciate 0