medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Dave and Hegge

I know each of you are all-in on the M2CS. I honestly think that is awesome and cannot wait for each of you to take delivery. The simple fact that you want one is all that really matters as far as anyone else is concerned.

That said, each of you give similar impression that the M2CS will offer improved performance over the Competition. Dave, I believe you indicated your view that the M2CS will be ‘greater than the sum of its parts.’ For the sake of conversation - not argument - I offer opposing view.

-The M2C and CS share the exact same chassis and engine. Honestly, that alone is suffice in suggesting the two cars will be all but indistinguishable from a performance perspective.

-The adaptive suspension and nominal increase of 39hp are certainly not going to significantly alter performance. In fact, there have multiple members on Bimmerpost who have stated their preference for fixed suspension – and aftermarket coil overs - when it comes to improved track performance. Maybe not universal opinion, regardless, the adaptive suspension is not going to revolutionize the chassis.

-The M2CS ‘dual-branch exhaust’ – whatever that means - certainly is not going to alter performance, and appears to only entail a form of altered valve control associated with more artificial cabin noise – the latter of which a large number of Competition owners have worked to eliminate altogether.

-The alcantara interior, carbon fiber bits, wheels, etc certainly offer no performance enhancement. . . Optional Sport cup tires would be expected to enhance handling on the track if selected, but probably of no value on the street where most will undoubtedly utilize their M2CS.

-Perhaps most importantly, the one thing that could possibly offer improved performance is all but non-existent . . . no significant weight savings in the M2CS over the Competition.

Out of curiosity, does the M2C and/or CS come with torque vectoring?

///AVM
All good points. I believe both the C and CS have torque vectoring, and is the same diff. I'm of the impression that the "nannies" calibration is different. This impression is from the development video during the scene that the engineer is on the race track. He mentions something about they didn't interfere during the track session, which leads me to believe they are less intrusive when turned on. Could be marketing hype, and likely not noticeable during my daily commute. The performance will be superior to the C stock for stock, but a simple safe tune would likely null any motor benefit of CS over C. Warranty matters to me, so that's a plus. The interior is a big, big, deal to me. I do believe that there is going to be a bit of magic from the "sum", but maybe it's just hope. I also think my statement is relative to my needs. A lot of folks will likely think the CS is too compromised to be worth it. Anyone that believes the C can't be made to surpass the CS has not done the math. Especially if you subtract all the superfluous carbon add one. If you try to make a CS on your own starting with a C, then I think you'll find that your not far from the CS asking price. Anyone can reupholster their interior with finer materials. I stand by the $5k exclusivity cost at MSRP. I don't think the avg Joe can turn a C into a CS for much less than $80k.

I also can't think of anything else that I want for the money. From the passion perspective 992 turbo or Huracan. My current ride would be considered fancy and the CS a downgrade. But I want what I want. I also consider that some are looking at options in the $100k+ territory. $85k doesn't seem all that expensive when comparing. No need to get the C when the "top dog" is only $85k. It's "exclusive". Ooohhhh aaahhhh

https://youtu.be/jkRBPpxD7l8
Appreciate 2
///AVM2531.00
cptobvious2531.50