03-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #35
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.boost View Post
I didn't purchase the car for straight line speed by any means, but because it had sublime handling and I really enjoyed the N/A sound track. Unfortunately Porsche really neutered the car with its excessively long gearing. Even on twisties, I had to push the car very hard to get the feedback and thrill I was looking for. I did many weekends on B-roads, went on an exotic car rally focused around driving etc... I was still left wanting more, and overall felt unimpressed with the package.
Mrs. Boots

There is a reason I now own a 718 CGTS and not the 981 GT4 but, unlike you, I never felt remotely unimpressed driving the 981 GT4.

All the so-called critics on YouTube and internet really got in way too deep when it comes soundtrack of F6 over T4, and completely missed the boat on the T4 performance. Fortunately, I do not make decision based on others opinions, and the 718 CGTS is the best sport car I have ever owned.

Now, not to confuse things, I too have a place in my heart for the NA engines and am looking forward to seeing what the 718 GT4 and GTS 4.0 are all about compared to my current T4 and the 981 F6?

I honestly doubt the 718 GT4/GTS 4.0 will get me out of my T4 . . . but I believe the 911 GTS very possibly could in the near future.

At any rate, I am not trying to convince you of the GT4 merits. The GT4 was not a car for which you found favor in regard to your driving needs and interests . . . nothing more to it than that.

///AVM
Appreciate 0