View Single Post
      03-07-2020, 08:39 AM   #20
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
The 220M are forged wheels also versus cast 359M. On my E90 M3 I ended up going with Apex 9.5"/10.5" which as another 1/2" wider than the 359M and weigh less than the 220Ms even by about 1.5lbs/wheel.

That's a great comparison with both cars having full fuel tanks...rarely do we see full tank measured weights on the forums, and hence it's always a guessing game comparing to other cars. Like the post up above claiming an M2 weighs 3390lbs...no way a fully stock, full tank, OG M2, even 6MT slicktop, can come close to that weight as shown by the owner of both of them in that link. Hence one more reason weight comparisons are often misleading unless they are well documented and performed without bias.

Figure roughly 12 gallons for near empty vs full tanks, and at ~6.1 lbs/gallon that's about 70lbs. Hence without measuring car weight without the tank full, the error can range from small up to ~70lbs.
Dont know what to tell you bud. I’ve checked my car on two different scales with the gas light on and verified the 3390 number.

Unless I missed it in the video they did not state whether gas was topped off, I assumed it wasn’t full.
Appreciate 0