Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Unless you replaced any of the parts below, a wheel alignment is not necessary and is just fluff the service department selling knowing it's easy money..
Sounds like you've never experienced alignment issues from hard suspension impacts before.
No, not really and I live in NYC, where Mars has smoother roads and must blew out or bubbled like around 15 tires, bent a few rims here and there and yet my vehicle(s) still always tracked strait.

In my younger days, I worked for a chain auto repair shop that pushed out those 3 year/ $250 alignment agreement. The manager used to loves those because he knew a vehicle really only needs an alignment when you have your suspension parts replaced such as bushings, shocks, and tie rods or if you decide you want your car lower the vehicle's stance and since collision or cosmetic changes where not covered under the program, you're essentially paying for false sense of peace of mind because the truth is, when you brought your vehicle in to attempt to cash in your "free" but unnecessary alignment, they'll just keep your car back there for a few hours and play the roll, as if an alignment was done.

Wheel alignment is a repair; it only needs to be done when there a related part is replaced or there is a problem, it's not a mandatory maintenance requirement nor is it recommend by BMW, unless necessary.

A proper wheel alignment can last many years and even the life of the vehicle. One major indication of a possible alignment problem is tire wear or pulling towards either direction but if you're already at that juncture, something is already bent and an alignment would be required, after the repair, regardless.
Appreciate 2