View Single Post
      02-10-2020, 09:20 AM   #40
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
We talked about it in my build thread - haha!

Pretty good, even with the high horsepower (Relatively). I just can't drop any weight or make any more power. I'm stuck with BTM aero (so no adds/deletes from the base trim model aero "package") and 100 UTG tires with a max section width of 282mm. That makes choosing wheels kind of a pain since 275s don't fit too easy up front, so I either have to compromise grip or run a kind of silly 265/275 stagger.

I'm considering moving up to TT3 where I can drop some weight (exhaust, interior) and make some power (exhaust, intercooler) and run 295s or 305s out back. The winning times aren't that much different, but historically we have a lot more participation in TT4 (hello, contingencies!)
Ha that's right! Thought we might have but I have a hard time remembering what I did two days ago at this point. That's how TT/ST3 is here too - not a whole lot going on. With my M3 the move would have to be to TT/ST2 which I'm not sure I could get the car competitive for. Hard choice - the contingencies are definitely nice! I screwed myself out of a tire this weekend because I tried to pull the backing off the stickers on the sides of my car too early - freaking $400.00 mistake!

Wheels/tires do not sound like fun trying to figure out. We fit a 275/35/18 up front with the Ohlins R&T which have a fairly large spring perch to clear so hopefully you find a setup that works out. Although some aero is nice I like the BTM + modifier on this car with how well it handles. Will be very interesting to see how it goes - definitely keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
I ran stock calipers, ATE 200 fluid, stock pads at COTA.... I wouldn't say they had a lot of fade per se, but they certainly don't have the bite of a track pad. So if you're used to diving in and really squeezing the binders on pretty hard, you won't like the stock pads. I'm buying MCVaughans Ferodos (thanks for going AP ) ... I don't care so much a out laptimes but you can't enjoy yourself on the track unless you have trust in your setup. I didn't trust the stock pads.

As for suspension I am very happy with the TC Kline setup. If I had not done that I would have sprung for the MCS duals. Twice the cost and for the few times a year I'll have my car on the track I thought TCK would be perfect.
This - I am the same way. The biggest key for me to enjoy a session is trust in the setup. That is also the first key for me to be able to push during a race or TT - knowing that mechanically the brakes are going to give you the same level of performance every time is huge mentally to give you the comfort to explore the limits.

That's awesome TCK setup has worked out so well for you.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50