JonD
Major
Rep
Drives: 1 Series Coupe, M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Pics:

Ok few things to comment on having just gone on a proper drive:

One of the first things I noticed and I didn't go out focusing on this as thought it would all be in the steering.

To me the car feels more unified across the chassis but also the suspension. The car is subtly more settled than it was before, enough for me to notice when as I said I wasn't looking for it.

I think there is incrementally more road texture through the steering wheel.
The car felt like it responded to lines in the road more, I had to do slightly more than usual to pilot the car on some sections. But I'm not being alarmist, its just a slight thing I noticed.

In terms of cornering I would just say that the car feels like its more on rails round a corner, that it doesn't push on as much as before.

It's all nicely subtle but it does do something on a spirited drive.

Onto another issue it does appear new marks are coming up on the brace, so its definately rubbing under the bonnet/hood. Also the the right of the bonnet as you look at it it sometimes doesn't shut if you don't throw the bonnet down right so seems there is a high point there?

Now apart from cosmetics I am worried the CF being a soft material may eventually get eaten away by vibration against the hood so am in two minds to get the garage who fitted it to just remove the stock front corner braces so it can lie flat on the landing plate.

Thoughts?

P.S. @Mfifty Do you have the part number for the M3/4 strupt top covers? The ones that completely enclose the top mount area? Ta
Where is it rubbing? I notice you still have the original corner braces, M2C doesn’t have them, if you remove them I imagine the brace will sit lower.
Appreciate 0