PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Nope, the car is a bit richly priced and I don't think the CCBs are worth the added cost. I want them, just don't want to pay for them. The aftermarket is really starting to bring the price down. Since the calipers are the same as the CCB equipped cars I'll wait until I can get some lower cost discs. I believe surface transforms makes a disc that is superior to Brembo for longevity. I'm convinced the squeaking is largely dependent upon the bedding process. The process is long, intense, and I believe few go through the full process. Seems those that do don't seem to have complaints about brakes. I've read a lot of forum threads across many makes to come to that conclusion.

If you track with CCB is an absolute no no to use any traction control. It introduced too much heat. Tracking will burn through the discs unless you can keep them cool. I believe it is possible to successfully track them, but difficult. You really need a way to continually monitor disc temps.
Given that the CCBs seems to be somewhat "delicate" or "fragile" with respect to how you can use them in a track situation, what are the practical benefits?

I know there's little to no brake dust, but that's a cosmetic advantage. Are they lighter? I've read that they're also squeaky...just seem like more of a headache than anything.
They save considerable weight and I see Porsche GT3 guys tracking them all the time with stability systems on (yes I know they are better than BMW's but still). They either don't care about the high cost or replace the hole car before the brakes are done..
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0