01-05-2020, 02:16 AM   #1154
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The next generation M2 (G) is going to have a variation of the B58, not because BMW hates us but to keep the cost keep it within realm of being attainable to their target demographic.

The X3M base with a S58 starts at $70,000, there is no way the G87 is going to have a S58 and still hover around 60k.

BMW didn't have any predilections when they put the N55 in the original M2, even though it wasn't an "S" engine, so a high-output B58 will more than likely follow suit.

Not that there is anything wrong with that motor; the B58TU is a monster in the M340i, I mean like really fast.

If you want an "S" engine, you're going to have to step your game up and shoot for a G82 M4.
Have to disagree on that since the M8 uses the same 4.4-liter V-8 as the M5 and M6 and is much more expensive than either.

Same with the M4 GTS which has the same engine as the OG M3/M4 albeit running a higher tune married with water injection technology.

BMW didn't put M mirrors and M seats on the OG M2 but they were included in the Competition because they 'listen to their customers'.

I am quite confident that the S58 will be the choice of engine for the G87 M2 though running a lower performance tune. The Competition will come with more aggressive tuning and the CS even further up.
Appreciate 0