01-03-2020, 10:36 AM   #1107
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Except....the M2 is designed, as stated by BMW themselves, to be the entry level M product and a method by which to expose more folks to the M brand within BMW. In the event that the M2 abandons the "entry-level" price point position, and is not significantly cheaper than the M3/4 going forward, then you might be right.

I just think the M2C was a bit of a perfect storm, given all the things that had to happen in order for the S55 to make its way into the F87 before the CS. Hell, as stout as the B58 appears to be, we might not see any version of the M2 get the S58...especially since the next generation will be manufactured in Mexico.

Another wrinkle is whether or not they will make a base M2 and Comp at the same time, and release them at the same time. If they go that direction, I would bet that they both have an 0T0 version of the B58...like the N55 in the M2 and the N54 in the 1M.
I'm also in the camp that thinks the next M2 gets the B58. I don't believe they ever intended to drop an "S" engine in anything other than the CS, and that was due to power limitations of N55. B58 won't have power issues for any level M2
Appreciate 0