akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
See, this is stuff that always muddies the waters. . . owners and prospective buyers referencing the 'track' that most will never sniff.

It's established by BMW themselves that the M2C is not intended for track use. Good, because again, it's not the use the majority of owners will ever pursue.

Has BMW established the M2CS as a dedicated track car? What percentage of future M2CS owners intend to use the car on a track?

Fuck the track. It's not the reality or intended use - per BMW themselves - for the M2CS. M2CS?

When track interests are pursued seriously (e.g., competitive interests), I have yet to see any such 'tracker' indicate they run their M2C stock. So, it might very well be a good base platform to 'build upon,' but not it's intended or common application.

I would be interested to know BMW's statement regarding the M2CS and it's intended use? Do they indicate it's not intended for track use, like the M2C? I seriously doubt a few more hp, carbon fiber bits and adaptive suspension make it any more track-intended than the M2C.

It just fucks every discussion up when we talk about track performance of a stock car when the car is not intended for the track, nor ever intended to be used on a track by the majority of owners.

Rant over.

///AVM
Exactly! The M2C is not a track car. The M2CS is not a track car. Every iteration of the F80 is not a track car. Even the M4GTS is intended to primarily be a street car yet have some capability on the track.

Knowing that the adaptive suspension adds weight to the M2CS, M Gmbh decided to add it to the CS anyway for the ride benefits it provides. It's easy to sit here an criticize the features on a car that NO ONE HAS DRIVEN YET!!

I'd bet the M2CS is going to kill it in the driving reviews. The CS package is the clear winner of the levels that were offered on the F80. Now, take that same philosophy and apply it to the F87 (which many driving enthusiasts already prefer over the F80).

If anyone wants to complain about anything, complain about the price/availability. Any other argument doesn't hold water.

Want a lighter car? How? Carbon tub? ($$$$) Not 'special' enough? Ok, what little piece would you change that would make it 'special' enough? Point is people are always going to complain no matter what BMW did. Can't wait to hear what all of the naysayers are going to complain about when it gets rave reviews!
I wish it was lighter. Let's start with battery, seats, CF drive shaft, brakes and rotors. Would throw out the adaptive suspension for fixed too if it had meaningful weight savings.
Appreciate 0