12-27-2019, 10:44 AM   #1037
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
I am curious . . . if there were a blinded study where drivers were placed in an M2C with and one without adaptive suspension, would the drivers even know one from the other?

If there was a convincing (significant) difference perceived, which would be preferred?

I get the fact that there are car buyers who want to ante up for the CS exclusivity - cool.

I do not, and will not buy into the notion that the CS offers anywhere near the extra $20-25K BMW is asking over the M2C. Adaptive suspension seems to be a major topic of 'justification' for a small chunk of the massive up-charge, yet, what is the advantage . . . if any at all?

///AVM
Adaptive Suspension is such a cool technology and the only reason it wasn't offered in the M2 (yet ) is due to cost-cutting. I'm 1000% sure of that, regardless of what others claim.

If you're looking for changes between modes, you'll notice it but can be very subtle.The point of its implementation is for the dampers to take a reading from the ECU and react to the conditions and demand, thus controlling unwanted pitch and roll.

I never understood why there is so much hate here over AS, I always admired its advantage ever since I had a Acura in the late 90s and Tein Suspension offered them as an option. It was a technology ahead of its time.

A modern BMW with adjustable and progressive dampers is just divine.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2531.00