11-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #9
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
As some members requested, here's my review on the Remus Sport+AA midpipe combo, which I think really transforms the infamous S55 tone dramatically in my opinion. As a background, I went through the following variations since June (all with stock downpipes):

1) Remus Race + AA midpipe (link to the review thread)
2) Remus Sport + stock midpipe
3) Remus Sport + AA midpipe (current)

I could only live with the first setup for a week. I used to think I have a high tolerance for loud exhaust but apparently I don’t 🙂 Even with stock downpipes, that combo was ridiculously loud for my taste and it made me more nervous than anything. Remus Race muffler has minimal restrictions in terms of volume so even with valves closed, I would get a slight drone near 80mph on highway. I then switched to Remus Sport but since I was afraid it could be too loud again, I paired it with the stock midpipe for awhile. I would say Remus Sport is one of my favorite axlebacks as it eliminates most of the S55 rasp by itself (exhaust outlets has built-in resonators which help a lot with adding a deeper tone). Even though I was extremely happy with Remus Sport+stock midpipe combo, I knew I had to give the AA midpipe a try with Remus Sport (I didn’t wanna regret not trying later on 😄 ). Long story short, I paired Remus Sport with AA midpipe yesterday and I absolutely love it. Nowhere near as loud as the Remus Race+AA combo and the sound is much more refined and deep. In fact, couple of my friends who own an OG M2 messaged me saying it sounds pretty similar to their N55. After all I just wanted to improve the sound of my S55 and I’m quite happy with the end result. I’ll let the videos speak for themselves. Here are some cold start, rev and fly-by recordings. For the most accurate representation of the sound, I recommend listening with your headphones since these are just iphone recordings.

That sounds better.

AA midpipe + remus sport or AA midpipe + eisenman sport get my vote

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0