Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
again... more than 740 cars to the USA... normal run and car is no lonnger special
I get that it was a limited production run. It was a special car nonetheless. Again, resale prices speak for itself.

A limited production run in of itself does not make a car special or else there would be lots of "special" BMW cars.
dude the 1M was $48k brand new for a base model... it was an absolute bargain and was limited... that car was sold out before it hit showrooms; it was the smallest M car effectively for almost 20 years... now i would venture to say 1/3 of them are wrecked... its a very unique scenario for value but certainly not because it was a good car... it never handled well, was super twitchy and many argues that it was a bolt on 135i... the fact that a base m235i later came and beat it anywhere proved that; now its value is left solely due to rarity

cars.com currently shows 17 for sale; how do u think that will affect value?
Huh? The M235 wasn't even a patch on the 1M in terms of enjoyment or performance. I've driven a few M235s and thought they were terrible. Sloppy, disconnected, and underwhelming. I owned a 135 before my 1M and the 1M is a far faaaaaar better car in every way. There's no comparison at all.

I've driven a bunch of M2s and an M2C; even offered several different ones for an even trade—-and I'd never ever do that trade even though I like the M2 and respect it a lot. The 1M is very special. The M2 is the direct descendant of the 1M—-but IMO, and I mean no offense by this, the M2 will always be in the shadow of the 1M.

Cars are about how they feel. Not statistics and data like everyone is convinced of now.

If I had to pick an M2—it would be the OG N55 M2. Sounds great—-drives well. Don't need much more.

Last edited by 10"; 11-06-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1225.50