Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
That typically happens just by bleeding/re-bleeding the BF TBF.

When I switched to Castrol SRF, pedal was & still is firmer and pedal linearity/modulation felt/ & still feels better. TBH, it maybe placebo but then again pedal/brake responses stay way more consistent on track, as one would expect with upgraded BF, even with std flexi hoses.
I’ve been running SRF since I picked up the car late June of last year, and Pagids since July of 2018. The switch to braided lines was in June of this year, and I had at least 20 track days and two SRF to SRF fluid flushes prior. I was running 3 month old SRF and had several days on track in those three months without any signs of a soft pedal, and the pedal feel was consistent throughout, so I doubt there was any air from the previous bleed.

So I had plenty of seat time before, and a consistent pedal feel through multiple pad and fluid changes before, and now have had several months of consistent feel after. They’re just different.

I’ll add that I’m not even sure I like the current pedal feel and have considered switching back. It’s a bit harder to modulate and smoothly transition on/off the brakes because of the high, firm pedal. I’m mostly used to it, but have definitely had to adjust.

You don’t have to believe me, but I won’t accept the placebo or fresh bleed explanations.
Thanks for honest critique. Even before I read yr post, I wasn't convinced abt braided hoses - swapped to HEL lines when I installed Mpbbk on my m135i.

Based on yr comments, I won't be swapping hoses any time soon as brake pedal feel and braking response is spot on for me.

Thanks again for saving me a few pennies !!!

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50