View Single Post
      10-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #325
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranck View Post
Honest to God - I would take my M2 over this new C8 'Vette.

That thing looks like a concept/kit car gone wrong with all of the louvres, holes, vents and other stuff that I couldn't even hazard a guess as to what they are or what their function is.

Plus, I'm 6'5" - getting in and out of that thing would kill me.
And the BMW build quality vs. a Chevy? No thanks.

Just give me a car that looks tasteful, hauls ass and is very comfortable.
That's my M2.

Ok.. so I get your visceral reaction to the C8. You dont like the shape.. aesthetically, it doesnt appeal to you. However the prime reason you give, that 'all of the louvres, holes, vents and other stuff that I couldn't even hazard a guess as to what they are or what their function is' is ludicrous.. To state that you dont appreciate something because you are ignorant of its purpose is in itself ignorance. I assure you that on this car most of what you see is based on design and wind tunnel results.. Being a mid engined vehicle, cooling the engine becomes an engineering feat in itself, accounting for the numerous vents and scoops you see. Theyre not decoration! As for your height, youre making an assumption that may not be valid.. Having the engine behind you gives you more room in the cabin.. Your height MAY be a delimiter, but you dont know that til you go sit in one, if you can find one.. Other folks your height have tried them out and fit better than the current C7, but I agree, big fellers generally want a bigger car. However, if you can fit in an M2 and have enough headroom, I believe you could also fit in the C8.
5.M0NSTER3359.50