05-21-2019, 11:56 PM   #109
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linc0909 View Post
Yeah I'm sure Honda pulls their Formula 3 race engines off the Civic assembly line. So you're a professional Formula or Indy engine builder?

Boy I've been building engines probably since before you were in training wheels. So as far as amateurs, just because you read Indy Weekly don't make you any pro.

The point is, Honda is and always has been in a different league as BMW. Just because you put a quasi 'race' engine in a compact eco box doesn't make it a real world contender.

I worked for Infiniti back when they 1st got into Indy. Their engine was 'based' on the VH41DE engine, but put in the Indy car they were worlds apart. Dry sup oiling, piston cooling oilers, etc.

So calm down Ricky Bobby,
You're trippin' old-timer! Who said anything about the engines being exactly the same? I was merely debunking the false claim that Honda doesn't spend any significant R&D or develop engines that see the "real world" by providing some examples of where Honda racing engines can be related to street engines instead of them just building one-off Formula 1 power units that apparently "don't count."

Again, no one said the Civic Type R is in the same league as the M2 Comp. I mean we're talking a FWD hot hatch vs. a RWD sports coupe. What I did say, however, is that the comments about even having the nerve to compare two performance vehicles, simply because one "is a Honda" are ignorant and disrespectful of a brand with an equally rich motorsports history.

Quit making assumptions. It's also too bad you didn't learn proper grammar somewhere along the way during your stellar engine building career. Might have served you well and made any possible argument you may have had seem half-way relevant to the discussion instead of you just coming off as a complete tool.