View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #180
saikitjK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism View Post
LOL! I think in typical BMW fashion the information out there is scattered, inconsistent and not timely. If what some here are saying is true (i.e. cars at VPC are getting airbag parts replaced and released for sale, production back at Leipzig has resumed with the updated parts, and cars on the lots are scheduled to get repaired) then the flyer and date of May 27th is probably accurate.

I bet the July time frame is more for sold cars already in the wild, which are lower priority for BMW as they're already sold. Once the recall parts are more readily available, they'll send notices out to the owners to bring their cars in for the replacement.

BMW's most urgent priority are the cars at the ports and dealership lots - cuz these are inventory in their financials that need to be sold yesterday for their profits and revenue. Not to mention the costs to store and have the vehicles sit.

Now this is all my own conjecture, and somewhat optimistic reasoning that the flyer is accurate and BMW is high tailing their asses to get these cars available for sale.... when in doubt follow corporate behavior.
Your point of their priority matches what they told me tho.
Appreciate 1
mhanism277.00