View Single Post
      05-01-2019, 11:50 AM   #57
CTSean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI BSM MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Well, no. You measured in a different spot than I did. I measured on the left and you the right. Maybe there is no difference between sides, but for consistency, measurements should be taken in the same spot. Also you overlapped the tape. So the extra thickness could be coming from the tape itself. Also I'm not familiar with your tape measure, but every other tape measure I've ever used does not start measurements at the end of the tape, but at a little bit further up. It seems to me the start of your measuring tape is where your finger is covering (though I can't tell because your finger is covering it) If so, that would put your wheel at 5" thick.

Don't get me wrong, I would much rather be proved wrong and there be no change in the wheels. Just trying to make sure data is correct and consistent.
That is true - I forgot the pic was on the right - I had re-measured this morning on the left and got the same 4.5".

Re-remeasuring now, being as disciplined as possible with the tools available, measuring from the 1" mark to remove the end as a variable, then confirming my measurement against a precision 6 inch ruler (which I admit introduces some variablility) I get 4 15/32". I have the pics if you really want them. Like I said in the other thread, I apologize for not having a fabric tape graduated to 1/64"s
Appreciate 0