Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yes, I saw that and it also makes little sense but it is a cosmetic part, so a change like that would not be detrimental if alternating it from one model to another, as oppose to mechanical suspension components, which works in tandem with other current replacement components and create the overall feel and handling of the vehicle.

Perhaps the manufacture just added less padding material that the steering wheel is made out of and didn't feel it warranted a change in part number.

Which is weird because Porsche charges you more for their 380mm, larger girth steering wheel, while BMW is shrinking their's for free, without any notification. :
I think the "cosmetic" aspect of your rebuttal makes little difference - at the end of the day, it does appear as though BMW keeps part numbers the same while some aspect of the "newer" part can be different in reality.

I find it hard to believe that there's an internal distinction between different categories of parts, but I could be wrong of course.

Haven't had the chance to drive the M2C yet - really excited for M town, because I can drive our OG M2 and F80 right before the M2C. Should be a nice basis for comparison.
I know my simile was a stretch.. But it's just new to me that a factory part would change but not the part number. I sure there must be a certain tolerance allowed in variation before it's a required part number revision. :

At this point, I was just spitballing ideas and see which one sticks

This suspension mystery is quite intriguing..
Appreciate 0