View Single Post
      04-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #445
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Yesterday I drove from Czech Republic via Germany to the Netherlands. A relatively empty Autobahn made sure that I could hit 266 kmh (the Vmax limiter) a few times. First time I could do this running new summer tires and having the car run-in. It is interesting to see how BMW has limited the performance in higher gears.

You get (my Awron display said 421 hp and 561 Nm) full performance in 5th gear when doing higher speeds. Do the same in 6th or 7th, and you have a lot less oomph. I only reached 380 hp in 7th gear. It seems they limit the torque to protect the gearbox, at least I heard something about this today from my tuner.

Additionally, it is really clear how the car feels throttled down in higher revs. There is so much more that the engine could give you. You feel it, and if you know the M3/M4 well, then you immediately feel the difference. The absolute top end power is what it could give you, but we have seen this on dyno graphs. Remove the limiter and give it more power via a tune, and you have a different car especially at the top end. This thing should easily do 300 kmh.

Most noticeable difference for me was the stable nature of the car. The OG M2 is a lot more busy at high speed than the M2C. The M2 is a lot more restless than the M2C. For me this was the most interesting difference. Driving at top speed was a lot more stable. The vibration you get from the exhaust with the catless set up is absolutely manic at 266 kmh. The vibration (which feels quite in place with the whole experience) through your seat makes you wonder what a female co-driver would have felt. You could imagine it as quite an "orgasmic experience", so to speak.

Today I had the chance to install my own Eventuri carbon intake in my BMW M2 Competition here in the Netherlands at Eventuri dealer Beek Auto Racing. As mentioned on my Instagram stories, where I shared the complete installation process, the kit is from the highest quality. The fitment is sublime and second to none.

The installation it self is a piece of cake and anyone can do it themselves when they have a bit of technical knowledge and set of brains capable of thinking with logic. I loved how the right hand filter tube goes in between the fan housing and the strut brace, and the way the venturi's fit in so brilliantly.

While driving you are able to hear a nice sizzling noise from under the hood. Not all the time and with my exhaust I do not often hear it. Now let's see how much extra hp this kit will produce. 421 hp was the max I got before the installation!

Thanks Imran@Evolve

Oh and washed the car as well
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 04-01-2019 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 5
Karlosm2c290.50
M2GT120.00
CrazyK104.50