Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3

Garage List
'18 M2  [0.00]
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
I used my fingers, and did take out the entire speaker housing. I separated the speaker from the housing for better access to the area, and to get everything clear.

The thin mesh came off when I did the drivers side, and was a pain to keep snapped back in, when I tried putting it all back together. I would recommend not taking that out, if it doesn't fall out.
Well I gave it a shot on my M235 first just to see how it went. As you mentioned, the thin mesh popped off in the process and it was a pain to snap back on correctly. I ended up breaking a single tab off the backside when reinstalling. It doesn't seem to affect the stability of it but I'm sure glad I used the 235 as the guinea pig, not the M2.

I decided to remove four of the five Torx (left the Torx located on outer underside of door). This enabled me to pull away just the area of the door card that surrounds that speaker corner, which gave me room to easily manipulate the speaker without forcing anything. For anyone doing this in the future, this only adds 5 minutes to the process but makes the speaker removal a hell of a lot easier (at least for me).

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the helpful information
Appreciate 1
qnet684.50