View Single Post
      03-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #38
RichyT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C, Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT222 View Post
Ok, note on the HD wax. Good wax but lack longevity. Great shine etc but it's full of fillers to cover any minor imperfections.

This is one of the reasons I always use Swissvax. Sure it's expensive, but you will struggle to find a better wax.

It goes on like butter as you only need a tiny amount, and comes off just the same. It won't leave horrific white marks on the plastics either.

If you are using iron-x the clay will be easier, use a soft clay and a decent clay lube.

The DA with right pad combo will give you a great result but remember if there is a slight breeze to wipe down the panel that's about to be polished right before hand. This will stop any particles getting in the pad and giving you a nightmare swirl.

You can also use a fine mist of water to allow the products to go a little further making the job a lot easier and save on product too.

Clean the pad after half a car so it's fresh for the second half.
Cheers for the info

I’ll post up some pics once I’m done, hoping for a break in the weather next weekend and I’ll get a good day at it.

Again thanks all posters for the comments and advice, it’s an emotive subject but shows we all care about our cars wax or ceramic related
Appreciate 0