United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Now I like the idea of the M2 CS, don't get me wrong, but BMW needs to realize that a lot of their fans are also Porsche fans as well. Sneak too high up in the price for a BMW, then people will be asking, "I can get car X for the same price"
Agree with you 100% here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
At $80K we are talking various cars that will put the M2CS to shame performance wise. The car will be a complete joke vs the ZL1 1LE, as an example, which can be had in the high $60K new, as an example.
Here is where you lose me a bit. I don't think many people (except in US maybe?) are cross shopping German performance/quality with American muscle/garbage. 0-60 times on a piece of paper might be similar or better for some crap Camaro/Vette, but these are a completely different consumer.

I'm not saying the M2/M2C/M2CS is the best car by any stretch, but I for one wouldn't take a free Mustang/Camaro/Vette if it was offered to me. I'm pretty sure that the dash of Barbie's pink Mustang is made of a higher quality plastic than an actual Mustang.
Well I drive a 540 now, if I want a toy car, Corvette would be high on the list (though only if I move out Manhattan...)
Appreciate 1
csbear1118.00