View Single Post
      09-29-2018, 01:28 AM   #53
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Regarding what's in front of the steering wheel.

As a Designer I feel thing should be clean, simple, classic yet modern and up-to-date with high definition. Less is more sometimes, you don't want to overwhelm the driver with too much visual information in front of them. You want to focus on the road ahead and incoming traffic as you want other fellow road goers to do the same.

While riding my motorcycle I see nothing but distracted drivers constantly and they are a total danger.

I think BMW keeps their dashboard very clean and simple. I see what other manufacturers are doing and it is just information overload with tons and tons of buttons everywhere and they just look totally over done and totally confusing.

With that said I think the cockpit looks pretty darn cool overall.

There is definitely a fine line of what is just too much for drivers of different ages and generations to take on while they should be simply focusing on the task ahead and that means driving.

We just recently test drove a 2019 X4 with the new large HD touchscreen, it worked amazingly easy. That will be a nice addition and I think everyone will like that now that young and older generations are use to their touchscreen mobile devices.

Regarding the jester control, we only use it to raise and lower and to shut the radio off. The gesture control sensor is in the rearview mirror projecting down. So if it's not working for you make sure your hand is directly below the rearview mirror I don't think people are aware of where they should be placing there hand. But it is definitely cool and a unique feature. I personally would like to see voice activation. Just like I'm dictating this into my iPhone.
Appreciate 0