SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatingpizzainthef87rules View Post
I'm really tied but I can expand later if you want -

M2 vs. M2c on a low speed 180kmh max track

Not massively different than the existing M2 - most average non bmw people would be hard pressed to tell much of a difference. If you have a M2 and are expecting a massive difference you will be disappointed stock for stock.

You can feel the extra weight over the nose if you look for it, otherwise most non track rats may not notice it. The harder hitting low end makes it less planted on corner exit not in a really fun way just a squirmy way, less manageable.

Seats felt better on track, steering feels like the M2C flash on the current M2 so no difference if you do that software change.

Doesn't feel a whole lot faster, definitely is quicker past 65mph but from the drivers seat its not much of a difference and doesn't make you go wow this is a much faster car. Feels about the same as a BM3 M2 but less linear.

Sounds the same as my old M4, no difference just more burbles. Not my cup of tea at all but that's up to you to decide.

Styling is up to you to decide.

Im sure tuned it will be fast in a straight line but these chassis will never be good drag cars.. overall if you own a current M2 - don't expect a massive difference. If you love the S55 for some reason then it may be a good move for you.

It was not my car, I own an 18' M2
I agree with most of this. However, I believe it's a much more scalable platform, especially from a power perspective. A basic stage 1 or 2 will yield you 100 HP/Tq on the S55. With the N55, you were lucky to get half that without having to change cooling and fueling systems. I do miss how my OG M2 sounded....the M2C is a bit muted. Brakes are obviously better, many folks warped their rotors with a few laps or had real bad fade with the OG M2.

The seats are much nicer and comfortable, the wheels are amazing, and this time I got the PSS tires, which are far better than the crappy Contis. I'm happy with my trade, just need to add the suspension and exhaust again....I had the MPE and MP coilovers on the OG.
Appreciate 0