M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Wow, they must have messed up the color. That would mean that HS was halted. I haven't heard anything about that from the ones coming off of the assembly line.
I was basing my judgement by what the technician said to me when I was on the factory tour in Munich. He was bragging about how fast they could change colors on the line.
No, BMW does this time to time depending on the formula of a specific color. The formula of Sakhir Orange had become not environmentally friendly anymore (probably according to some EU law of some sort again) and they had to change the formula. The same thing happened with Estoril Blue too years ago. The current name of that color is Estoril Blue 2 just like Sakhir Orange 2. I also remember reading SCOTT26 mentioning in of his posts that BMW removed Interlagos Blue because similarly it wasn't environmentally friendly anymore.

HS is a brand new formula in BMW's lineup and I'm sure BMW plans these things well in advance so I would be very surprised if these production week changes are caused by a new color such as HS.
Appreciate 0