05-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #19
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
Its the moment you step out after signing the ownership transfer, vehicle will start depreciate and starting around 80 ~85 % of the MSRP value regardless of the mileage driven. (of course except some cases where vehicle demand is so high compared to the actual supply then it gets tagged with premium)

Dealer usually takes about 15 % of the margin on used car trade-in and sale. That will be lower for their own brand vehicle that can be easily certified (with valid warranty). If you bring other brand vehicles then, the value will be even worth than the market price.

I personally never recommend anyone to do anything with dealer except;
when you are buying certain "dealer only offered" vehicle/ and getting your service under warranty.
Yes and I think most of us know this, but I should probably point out that, while the M2 and M2 LCI were in demand, dealerships were offering very aggressive values on trade-ins comparable to private sale. It's a leading indicator. I am saying if you're on the fence about values, I'd sell *privately* right now as dealership is clearly anticipating reduced demand as we might expect.