View Single Post
      03-31-2018, 06:45 PM   #35
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
Absolutely do all three - plus the mirrors, rockers and the U (the A pillars and header over the windshield). That area seems to take more hits than anywhere else on the car. Also, as has been reported elsewhere in these threads, it's not just the bumper that takes a lot of hits from stones, cinders and hard-headed bugs - the hood beyond the leading edge takes a lot of hits too. I went so far as to check the splash patterns on the sides of dirty M2s and discovered that the rear quarter protector from BMW needed to be removed and replaced by a larger (taller) one too.

If you're anal enough to stare at the cut-off line on the Xpel, you'll really hate yourself when you start filling in chips that will never match - especially since you have a metallic finish. Polkadot LBB, anyone?
I had my rear fender factory PPF removed and then Xpel Ultimate applied like this stopping at the body line so it hides the seam a lot better.

Didn't do rocker panels and those are taking a lot of hits. At least I generally can't see any damage unless I am crouched down looking for it so I don't ever notice it. PPF on rear fenders have taken A LOT of hits, and I do notice that. If you don't apply a big piece there you're going to have a lot of rock chips on the rear fenders.
Appreciate 1
Spa2k1195.00