03-24-2018, 08:18 AM   #3
Tryboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
Thanks for the review...
I am still trying to get up and running. Still have not got the communication going to get my set up activated.

But I can chim in on the GTS flash since I had it coded on my old M4 which I am going to go out on a limb and say it is just a canned file from the original BMW DCT file. It sux ass compared to what we are normally used to but we are creatures of habit and what we are used to is a tamed down package made for daily city drivability. If your first F8x was the M4 GTS you probably would not think as such. It does seem to be all backwards, the way it shifts when your not in the throttle.....it always short shifts up. Then when you in the throttle the shifts are at carried up to a higher RPM before completing. But what it does do is increase clamping power which is a good thing. Not sure if it is needed since the M2 rarely reaches 500hp compared to the S55 which is just getting warmed up there and the trans starts slipping at 600? Also when I was on the gas in the M4 in sport+ mode it used to have overly violent shifts, and the gTS flash changed that which I think assists in dependability under hard load driving.

Now I thought depending on the drive mode selected the shift crispness should change somewhat and it should be effected more by throttle input. If we are driving miss daisy then is probably shifts like a girl. if we are on the throttle like yesterdays GTLM then it should shift nice and crisp.

So is it the way the German car engineers feel a real performance DCT should be? Who knows....It should result in better overall performance I guess or they probably would not install it a std on their echelon cars
Here has been my experience. I had an M4 with Jb stage 1 and loved it. I ended up getting an X5 jb4 (long story) and liked how easily it was to use maps, logging, Bluetooth, and such. It was great for those cars but i learned not so for the M2.

I agree with OP for most of what was said. I went with BM3 because of the rave reviews the forum was giving for increased hp, reliability, oem like power delivery, customer service, customization and pricing. To let u know i have ER FMIC, catted DP, and chargepipes.

As respects to tuning, I did OBD flash unlock not by pulling out DME so not sure if there are different reactions to everything else or not.

I initially brought my laptop to tune stg 2 and agree instructions really leave a lot to be desired and added to install time and frustration. The actual flash process was quick but I found myself downloading 2 different set of agent zip files from different posts. I played around awhile and got stg 2 working. I honestly cant tell much butt dyno with or without the tune. My bro has a 435 with ER FBO, map 7 e30 jb4 and used to pull slightly. After I got my DP and bm3 stg 2, i was basically even to slightly faster (not by very much at all). The issue I am having is the misfire at around 6k rpm. I am waiting on my logs to be looked at as I know the colder spark plugs and tighter gap are recommended so hoping that is the issue. I seem to be only one not enjoying full stg 2. What i dont get is if its not the plugs isnt it the hpfp cutting out? If so, how is anyone running stg 2 or the E30 unless changing gears prior to 6k.

The other issue i had was i bit the bullet and bought the wifi agent. Again, i seem to be the only one posting real issues with it. When it arrived it said I needed to update the agent on the app. Turns out I had to tske out the memory card (micro) and download the latest version. Luckily walgreens was open as i had to go buy an adapter to fit the micro card into pc. Once i downloaded the file the pc said i had to format. Instructions dont mention anything about thst. Long story short, i spent about 8 hours on a saturday trying to get the thing to work. When i finally connected to bm3 servers the wifi agent and app are kind of whack. You need to be real close to your signal, it interferes with apple carplay, it sometimes freezes, it took me 2 days to figure out i was supposed to plug my phone into the agent and enable hotspot, and then i always seem to have to log back in whether online or offline and it doesnt save your login info. Really annoying.

At this point I can log on the wifi but i get an error flash when trying to switch stages so im left with whatever i tuned on the laptop at home. I contacted bm3 and supposedly an ios bm3 app update is pending with apple.

So in conclusion im not really happy with the whole process so far. Perhaps i have an incorrect tune or missing something as respects to login, wifi agent, etc but I wouldnt recommend bm3 as im out $900, frustrated to max, and havent felt much difference.
Appreciate 1
RedCarrot230.50