Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
M3/M4 LCI is 4.1sec 0/100

M2 is 4.3sec 0/100

IMO that is reflected when you drive them back to back. I drove a new M2 LCI last weekend back to back with a new comp pack M3 and the M3 only felt marginally faster. I felt the M2 was quicker through the corners but the M3 was a little faster in a straight line.

As a weekend blast car the M2 is an absolute Pissa!!

So you have ordered an M2 CS not knowing what engine etc is coming in it yet? What dealership took the order?
The Competition engine has been confirm by VIN of test cars for probably a year now. Not by BMW directly obviously. Plenty of dealerships have held orders for a long time. Mine was originally placed in Nov 2015. At least two more on this forum has also ordered. Build for the Competition starts in a few months for RHD Australian cars.

0-100 is not how you judge the power of a car. In gear acceleration and over a longer distance M2 is no where near M3. Plenty of videos out there if you don’t believe me. In any case you can feel it anyway. But yes, I definitely think my M2 is much more fun than my M3 for many reasons.
I agree with you that the M3 is the faster car in a straight line and no doubt would have the M2's measure comfortably, I've seen plenty of videos myself! On the day of the test drive I was driving real twisty back roads and the M2 felt just as quick.

I suppose the battle I'm having is do I wait until the end of the year for an S55 CP M2 or buy this car now with the N55 and put a JB4 or something similar in it?

Not sure if the S55 even with the power upgrade will get me as excited when I'm in an M2? The truth is it just won't sound as good.
Appreciate 0