bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Such CRAP!!!

So BMW wants to be the first to charge a subscription to a service that Apple makes and is a hardware install...

First of all BMW's implementation of Carplay is SHIT! Why can't I listen to Sirus XM and have my googlemaps give me directions at the same time? Haven't tired that yet? Well let me tell you, every time your little assistant cuts in it switches you to Carplay and leaves you there! Apparently, you should be streaming.

BMW's nav SUCKS! I'm traveling down the freeway and it tells me I need to get off in 5 miles. Would you like to tell me the name of that offramp? I suppose to BMW it doesn't matter until I'm about 2 miles out. In my mind I'd like to know if it thinks I should get off at Main street or Broadway so I can decide which I think is better. Of course, Carplay would let me do that but I suppose I'll have to pay for that in the future?

By the way, yes my BMW is a great sportscar. But as I recall BMW is also a luxury brand and as such I expect it would have some good technology in the car. Yet, my Fiat has better phone integration and if I compare the tech in my BMW to say... Tesla you have a LONG way to go. I get BMW isn't Tesla but at the same time these days people and millennials are looking at cars as technology as much as fun cars. It seems to me BMW is on the verge of needing to decide if they are going to be a sportscar or a luxury/tech car. Unfortunately as time moves on and cars become more autonomous the "sportscar" will become a harder sell.

I love my M2 for what it can do on the track but scream at the tech in it regularly. Now you want me to pay a subscription for a hardware unit in the car that you aren't having to pay for? No.
Appreciate 1
amdmaxx119.00