View Single Post
      12-23-2017, 11:17 AM   #33
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
I think I may be the driver/owner referenced here . I've had the Power Stops on for maybe three weeks now. I think they are actually better than OEM for the street. They are a little less grabby, and a lot less dusty. I've been trying to figure out how to estimate the dust reduction. It's still early, but I'd say it's somewhere between 60% and 80%?

I followed the break-in procedure to the letter, and my installer used plenty of anti-squeal on the backing plates. These pads, even when as hot as you can reasonably make them on the street, get you into ABS in much the same way as the OEM pads.

The one drawback so far is that when the car has been sitting and everything about the system is cold, the first 2-3 brake applications (especially if they are light) often, although not always, give a good squeak--although actual brake performance is fine. The squeak goes away thereafter (i.e., within 15-30 seconds of city driving) and does not come back. As I said, brake performance thereafter is great for street driving.

I would do this again in a heartbeat. The only time I like dust is on the track, so I can see how hard I've been wonking on the brakes. And I don't plan to track these anyway.
Indeed you are, Sir!

I'm happy to hear you are still thrilled with them a few weeks in now. Mine just shipped from Rock Auto. Should have them in hand just after Christmas. Then it's all about finding time to install them. I have a kitchen floor to replace over the break and my wife just dropped a few more things on my "to do" list. The free time for fiddling in the garage is evaporating quickly.
Appreciate 0