View Single Post
      11-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #1049
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke743 View Post
Isn't there a big car show in the first week of December? That's still autumn, correct?
The M2 was officially presented on October 14, 2015 and on public display during car shows in January 2016.

So let's distinguish 'reveal' and 'car show presentation'.

By the way, FWIW, last month there were also these two posts in this thread by forum fellow MR. hinting to Winter 2017-2018 for reveal (January/February 2018) and car show presentation (mentioning the Geneva International Motor Show = March 8-18, 2018):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///twinTurbo View Post
Any info about the online presentation?
When will it be? :/
The rumors I hear around me are Geneva Motor Show official reveal to the market, that would mean end of January, early February press release reveal and us dropping our orders.
Production starting after Geneva, like end of April or early May... Building up stock like they did with M2 and M4 GTS, and then push the first batch out in one go somewhere end of June, early July...
If you look at previous releases that seems to be the way to go. M3 CS would then be the Detroit and Brussels release together with e.g. the X2, X4 could be at Geneva as well, X7 at Shanghai. i8 and i8 facelift are clearly LA together with the facelifted BMW 2 Series Active Divorce. The Grand Divorce is EOP (luckily).
The other stuff follows later, but this could well be the first part of the year.
MR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako View Post
Thanks for the info MR, is the Geneva show not in March however?
Edit: Or are you saying the press reveal will be late January, with it appearing March in the flesh?
Yup it is in March. Press reveal is late January/early February. Look at 5-Series touring which was shown at this year's Geneva show. Same thing!
Geneva would be the public reveal at a car show.
MR
Let's wait and see.