View Single Post
      08-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #543
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
People who are saying this car will be $80K+ are on something. I remember early on when the engine application for the base M2 was still under speculation. People were saying if the M2 comes with the S55 it should be slotted around $60-63K, just under the M4. Now BMW adds a couple letters to the name and it is worth $80K? All while not having the bespoke M3/4 interior and less power? I don't get it. I guess BMW is just that good at marketing.

Closest German competitor will most likely be the TT-RS. That is daily-able sports car with a glorious 5-cyl, bespoke interior, digital dash, and nearly identical power for under $65K with a dual clutch already factored in. CS will most certainly be better on a circuit but 95%+ of their buyers will never see a track. Not to mention BMW already absorbed the R&D of many parts on this car from the siblings. If this car ends up being >$70K, especially with a manual (won't buy without it), then BMW is overcharging for this car and I'm out.
I agree,it is basically an option package like the M3 competition.IMO it won't be more than 10k over the regular M2.They won't be changing the seats,no carbon fiber roof.There will probably be a different interior trim and we already know that the car will get the M seat belts.It will get different wheels and the front and rear bumpers will get a little bit updated and that's about it.Ceramic brakes might also be an option because we have already seen updated brakes on some of the M2 CS test cars that have been posted on the forum.
Appreciate 0