02-09-2017, 07:06 AM   #83
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
I'd prefer the LCI even with the price hike as the cost of retrofitting OLED lights would far exceed this, to say nothing of the improved resale value of a new manufacturing year as well. However my salesman says that, since there are no other customers at their garage with M2's on order, there's nothing he can do do delay my order by giving the production slot to someone else who wants their car for the summer. I don't know if slots can be bartered at BMW as opposed to local level ?
Doubt they could lbarter an order. However, if no one else has an order from your garage, just don't take it and wait until the LCI is announced. Of course, you run the risk that your garage simply doesn't get an LCI allocation. No idea how that would work in France. My dealer here volunteered to allow the next guy in line to move ahead of me. How fun would it be to wait for the LCI, hear that it is delayed and then by the time your car is built and delivered it is November?

Headlights would not be OLED. Rather LED, but from the test mule it is not clear to me the headlights are LED's. LEDs have a characteristic horizontal bar and I don't see that from the pics.
Appreciate 1
Corinne1172.50