01-19-2017, 01:16 AM   #148
lpak
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 (MT/AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmethecash View Post
Heh waiting for the but I really wish BMW would improve or at least back off on the TC a bit. Violent chop of throttle if the tires so much as think of making a squeak, even in sport+ mode, is really annoying.
Actually surprising, this is my first BMW and after all the drift vids and my dealer telling me "go easier, this ain't a subaru anymore", i was pretty timid at first. But, tbh, sport+ and traction modes are pretty tame. You have to give the steering a good push with some heavy throttle and then the computer goes "ok lets slide" but you know there is enough power lower down to do it, it just won't let you. DSC off only solution here ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
The quick press of the traction button to enable the extra burbles always reverts the car back into Comfort Mode no matter what mode you were in when you pressed it, no doubt that will be why you can't tell any difference.
Thanks, wasn't sure if this was a true easter egg (ie where pathway mattered) or a feature but, checking the mode definitions (see http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1304767), MDM mode is meant to have "comfort sound", which it clearly does not! awesome stuff!
Appreciate 1