View Single Post
      12-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #16
IS+1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (AW 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
No doubt about that ! Is there any way to know where one stands in the waiting list (how much time is left) when the dealer hasn't even had any information yet ?
If you want to know what number you are on the current waiting list, you can ask your dealer. However, until the dealer knows how many allocations they will get for a given period and when those allocations are, there is no definite way to know where you stand on the list in terms of how much time is left.

In my case, I have known for a long time that I was #4 on the waiting list for calendar year 2017 production. My dealer advised me last week that they received 3 allocations for Jan-June (2 in April and 1 in May). So I will get the first allocation for July-Dec. Given that my dealer has said they expect 7 allocations total for calendar year 2017, that means they should be getting 4 allocations for July-Dec. This leads me to speculate that my allocation, being the 1st of 4 for that period, should be towards the earlier part of that window. However, until my dealer confirms for me the exact schedule of the allocations (which will not be known until late May or so), this is just a best guess on my part.
Appreciate 0