Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
The reality is that most of us M3/M4 drivers aren't cross shopping M2's, so I don't know that it would really cause a shake-up where M3/M4 sales are concerned. People looking at an M3/M4 are looking for different things in a vehicle than what the M2 can provide. The M2 is a cool little car though. I still would take a 1M over it all day however.
How is that? I was cross shopping M3/4 but chose the M2....

Cheers
Robin
Generally speaking.......more room, more power, a more upscale experience, more options, more bespoke, 4 doors [for practicality], etc. Notice that I didn't say ALL buyers, but it isn't hard to understand why most M3/M4 buyers opted for the larger sibling. It's not a rocket science proposition.

I agree.

Buyers going to a dealer and looking for an M3 will buy an M3. Buyers looking for an M4 will get an M4. A very few may be tempted by the M2 lower price point but when they find out they likely will pay just as much (or less !) for the M4 versus the M2 they will get an M4 anyway.

It's a rare buyer that will come in looking for an M4 and walk out with the M2. @robin NL you already had owned a 1M so I wouldn't call you a traditional M3/M4 buyer in any sense.

There are many buyers that went to the dealer looking for an M2 and instead walked out buying an M3 or an M4.

The M2 is positioned at a price point where buyers that don't want to wait have the opportunity to move up to an M4 ( more power and gadgets ) , move up to an M3 ( four doors ) , or step down to an M240/M235 ( better initial purchase value , and available immediately ).
Appreciate 0