View Single Post
      10-26-2016, 05:39 AM   #47
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
Nope, the Elise/Exige came off the list after seeing the way one crumple like an empty soda can during a low-ish speed accident. I stopped riding motorcycles for family reasons, that car gets lumped in that category. I purchased the 1m because of fender flares. It just a happened to have the right amount of power and enough questionable handling characteristics to make it one of the most playful modern cars at street speeds that I've owned. I couldn't careless about livability, collectability, value, purity, or whatever stupid shit people throw out there about the 1m. Simply put, this thing is a riot to drive at reasonable speeds. The M2 is a better car; but like many new cars, it's too competent to have fun with on a nice road without setting a pace that is on the verge being reckless.
Wow...this is basically me.

I also got rid of my CBR600RR for family reasons (wife kept hers )

First time we saw the 1M at the dealer the flares caught our attention, I actually couldn't stop smiling at the cartoonish look...I liked it.

Once I took the test drive that was it (oh and I just came from test driving a 991 PDK).

I'm in no rush to pull the trigger yet and given all the great responses here unfortunately I'm still torn...
Appreciate 0