View Single Post
      08-26-2016, 05:46 AM   #49
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
It's funny how people can be so critical of a car, while others almost refuse to acknowledge its flaws and are almost equally hostile in retaliating or defending their car.

I think we are all kidding ourselves if we say we didn't expect M3/4 mirrors on this car given the 1M did. I don't think there is any arguing some more differentiation from a 235 is a bad thing, especially a traditional M exclusive part.

I mean come on, some of the M2 photoshops with M4 mirrors look fantastic. I've always hated the new mirrors on the base 2 and 3/4 series cars anyway. They look like they were taken from a Mercedes.

It reminds me of people hating on the S55 exhaust notes. God that was terrible for the first two years. BMW finally did something about it and put out an acceptable update with the competition package. It sounds so much better now with the slight burbles. But anytime someone pointed out it wasn't their cup of tea, they were attacked for not recognizing the greatness of that car, even though it was beating a dead horse.

We aren't saying the M2 is terrible, just like the M4 isn't something to sneeze at. All I'm trying to say is just like BMW could have done a better job fine tuning the exhaust sound on the S55, they could have at least tried to put an M exclusive mirror on this car. After seeing renders with it, there no question in my mind that it looks better.

If I could have designed the M2 it would have had the M4 mirrors, and at least an option for CF roof and LED lights. But that's just me. I still may own an M2 someday.
With your post you're not getting the essence of the M2 imho. It's a totally different car lookswise(with or without ANY mirrors) than an M235i or M3/4 and it looks so //M like no other in real life...

Lookswise no M /BMW is mother's finest. It has never been that way and never will be. M mirrors, alright but it's just a detail imho.

But I get your point/opinion.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2