View Single Post
      07-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

M2 or 2016 GLA45 AMG

It's about the best problem a person could ever wish for. I was an original 1M owner, but as a car enthusiast I wanted to try other things. Let's not get caught up on the regret...yes, I regret selling the car. But this also allowed me to try two other great cars in the meantime while someone else get's to enjoy the 1M. Win for everyone...

So I bought an Audi SQ5 purely out of "need" more than want. We needed an SUV because we moved at the end of 2014, and I still wanted something with some pep. Through this I learned that I'm just NOT an SUV guy at all...and will never be again. The wife has the SUV now.

So I ordered an M2 and was 9th on the dealer list. This spot wasn't as prime as I had with the 1M, but it wasn't bad either. My thought was that I may reasonably get the car in two years. So after giving the wife the SUV, I shopped around for something in the interim. I should've got a Civic...that would've been the smart thing to do.

But while servicing the Audi, I saw a brand new GLA45 AMG fully decked out. It's a pretty sick little car! It's definitely a hot hatch...and it was really quick. I just can't believe that I've obsessed about an "SUV" like the GLA45 AMG. It's a great car, and I bought it! I've had it for about a month.

Then I get the darn call! 6 people dropped out of the M2. Nobody ever expected this...so now I have a decision to make. I can't keep both, and if I did make it work (which I probably could) my wife would kill me...and frankly, I just don't need them both. It's unreasonable.

So your thoughts? They're definitely different cars...but I love BMW's. It's my favorite brand by far right now...even though the Mercedes is a really, really nice car. The Audi IMO was junk...overpriced VW. Not a fan at all, and it's not for me.

So do I keep the GLA45 AMG? Do I build out the M2 and sell afterwards on Ebay? Do I let go of the allocation entirely (this is my least favorite option). So I wanted to open up the conversation and see what others would do if they were in the same position.

Last edited by v1k0d3n; 07-06-2016 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0