View Single Post
      05-31-2016, 09:07 PM   #14
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep
Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
We'll agree to disagree. The lap times for me means nothing if there's noticeable lag. I'm not out there setting lap times.

And CH is not the only person that says that about the 991.2. Now there are already multiple reviews saying there's lag on the 718. As I said in another thread, I usually take everything with a grain of salt, but I usually trust EVO.

I will definitely try to test drive them once the dust settles down and the dealerships have more of them in stock.
We certainly can. I've driven the car though and didn't notice lag. It was better than the m4 My buddy owns who I've spent a week with. Not to me to mention was stronger up top where the m4 seems to fall flat after 5600 rpm. The 991.2 took what was still a world class car (in any facet) to another level yet again. While I agree on lap times, it shows potential, and the fact that it on a street tire is nearly faster than some manufacturer BEST cars on cup tires says a lot about how dynamic and good it is (as they always are). And again, also coming from a current 991S owner with a highly specced car that is perfect and walked away supremely impressed. It felt like a slightly less powerful rwd version of the 911 turbo, and that's saying quite a lot.
So when EVO called the m3/4 "the biggest dissapointment" did you take that as gospel? BTW top gear also said it suffers from lag. Any turbo car will have some...no matter what they use to combat it or who it is.
EVO did give the 991.2 5/5 stars and only had great things to say and said no lag noticed.
Interestingly enough, Car UK does say there isn't detectable lag in the 718S. The VTG and anti lag tech Porsche is using is something unique and quite responsive for response and not laggy at all.

Last edited by Motorsportenterprise; 05-31-2016 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0