View Single Post
      05-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #143
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
That is freaking annoying! So you have to take the front parts with the rear spoiler. Since when is that necessary? Did we ever see that on a M235i?
It is pretty fucked to fit those front things. You are going to break them in any parking lot or speed bump, especially if you fit a different lower suspension.
I wonder what a dealer will do with this. Those front and side things are like 900 EUR for a pair. This is not cool at all!!
I checked the statement again within the context of the question. Could be that the BMW representative referred with "rear spoiler" to the rear winglets (rather than to the CF M Performance trunk spoiler): you need to install the rear winglets too if you opt for the front winglets in order not to upset the balance of the M2. Makes more sense that way.

- Interview with BMW representatives about M2 M Performance Parts (source: here):
"Q: Are the front bumper winglets and and rear wheel winglets functional?
A: The front ones, yes, and the rear ones add downforce and stability, but it’s marginal. In general, we’re not going to create air elements that will upset the balance of the car. They’re all functional in some respect, which is why we’ll say that you can only pair a front splitter with the rear spoiler so you don’t upset the balance of the car. There’s no purely cosmetic aero element on an M vehicle. They all serve a purpose, some more than others.
Q: You mentioned a front splitter, will one to be offered on the M2?
A: No. At the moment, there are no plans for a front splitter."
As I reported earlier, my dealer had a set of front and rear winglets but I refused those (even if given for free).