Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
What are you thoughts?

Note: Only 50 M235i M Performance Edition available in Canada. I just saw one yesterday at my dealer.

First off, the M2 and M235i Perf Ed are both beautiful cars to be in the market for.

If you're picking one up off lease or a demo, then it's going to be a good deal over the M2 because you're not losing that 20% off the lot and it's still early into '16. The M Performance Edition MSRP'd at about $65k CDN optioned out, the M2 $?.

I managed to pick one up ('15 MPE Blk on blk 6MT) with 12k kms on it for $49k CDN which is a STEAL if you factory to cost for LSD, M carbon parts, wheels etc (my particular cars tag was $63,500 pre tax/delivery, so for what I paid I really got a great package, a new base white m235i with no add ons comes to $52k after taxes/delivery, so this made complete sense to have the total package, for less and not lose the depreciation of a new car. I went to the dealer to order a new car initially, and the salesman who had the MPE M235i on BMW executive lease was literally taking the plates off, when I asked "what the hell is that bad boy?" And we moved into it right away.

Only 50 for Canada and 50 for the US, so it is something "special", but not impossible to bump into down the road again if you want it when they drop in price..

Keep it clean and relatively low km's and it will hold great resale because of all of the OEM+ m goodness. An M2 out the door will be much more, but it's "more" car. Just depends where your wants and needs come into priority

If I were going new, I'd go base M235i MT or "Base" M2 MT. I don't typically buy loaded cars because I'm a track regular (I don't usually do body or accessory mods either (mainly BBK's, Suspension and HP), this also is not my daily driver so all of the technology wasn't a deal breaker. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own this particular car, no regrets, I'm in love *tehe.

The M2 is great, but for me, not another $20k great (my situation, others will be different). What I can do to this car for under $10k will bring more smiles than having the brand new car, even in M2 trim.

My $.02