View Single Post
      11-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #48
RamDac
Rep
Drives: WRX STI

Hi all,

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

TLDR; Dealer tried to sell me an m235i Performance Edition for 60k. Knowledgeable sales guy speculated the M2 would be 3-5k more. MSRP for M2 in Canada: ~63-65k.

I'm in the GTA and was at my dealership at the end of September to see if I could get on their allocation list for the M2. The end result is that I am #2 on the list with a 1k deposit.

But the reason I am posting is to provide what little information I have about the MSRP speculation on the M2 in Canada:

While I was at the dealer, they tried to sell me an m235i Performance Edition they had on the lot. I figured it would be a good exercise to go through with them to try and get a better handle on what the price point on the M2 will be.

Attached you will find the quote for the m235i Performance Edition - The MSRP as you can see is $59 900. I had a very lengthy discussion with one of the sales guys (who ironically owns an m235i Performance Edition) about the M2 and what he thought the price would be when it finally became available. This guy was very knowledgeable and he was speculating that the MSRP on the M2 would be between 3-5k more than the m235i Performance Edition they were trying to sell me at 60k. Based on this information, I think it very unlikely that we will see the M2's price point in Canada under 60k.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0