06-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #40
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik330 View Post
I've driven a CLA45 for longer than most on a 'test drive' and never once did I feel as though the transmission was lacking in any real capacity; I don't exactly understand what some of these 'issues' are? It wasn't clunky, it never had an issue finding a gear, it snapped my neck back and the shifts were crisp. Furthermore, I've driven an M3 with DCT (at least 3-4+ times) and appreciated the speed, but it wasn't exactly anything that left me stunned.

I'm impressed that Merc is updating the CLA45 AMG, I know this is speaking to the A45, but I'm confident the CLA will see it as well. The M2 will truly have its work cut out for itself and I'm eager to see how it performs just as much as anyone else.

The one thing both of these cars will share in common is there'll be a lot of hurt feelings when a $48k GT350 runs away from an M2 or CLA45 AMG and sounds great doing it.
A lot of us only had access to the CLA45 for 45 minutes or so. That Dual Clutch was a disaster. Pull the paddle, wait for (what feels like an eternity) probably .5 seconds then it slips into the next gear. By slipping in I'm refering to it not directly engaging, but instead acting like a noob slipping the clutch while learning stick. It was so bad I thought the one they gave me to test was defective. Tried a second one and same thing. Dual clutch boxes are awesome, this one was shocking. Not on a good way.

Drove these back to back with an auto M235i and the ZF is a masterpiece vs this box.

Maybe they improved it since then, but in July last year it was indescribably bad.
Appreciate 0