View Single Post
      06-22-2015, 04:47 PM   #28
technik330
Captain
Rep
Drives: STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I am curious - which M3 DCT did you drive? I found that the F80/82 is more brutal and noticeable from a "speed of shift" standpoint than what I experienced in an E92 M3 or the DCT in my 2011 135. I have never been in the AMG, so I have no idea how the auto works there.

In regard to the GT350, yes it is likely to run away in a straight line. But straight line speed has never been what the ///M moniker is all about, even though it seems to garner a lot of attention. Each car in this (or any) segment will have pluses and minuses, depending on the manufacturer in question. BMWs typically have more refinement and better handling in comparison to their American counterparts - even as folks like Ford and Chevy catch up in those areas.

Just my $.02
It was an e92 M3, every single time I drove one with DCT. I haven't driven an F8x so I can't speak to the DCT there, but again, I never found DCT to be anything more than a glorified auto haha - which I know it's not.

The GT350 is far from a straight line only car; the only area I'm actually concerned about on that car is the interior, even with the factory optioned Recaros. I'm also fairly familiar with BMWs as well, miss owning one now and then, but we'll see.

Here's my old ZHP and a shots of my STi when I had it all built, which I've now returned close to stock, so I can just daily it in peace.

'18 Subaru STi Type RA #350
'19 Honda Civic Type R #31191

Last edited by technik330; 06-22-2015 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 1