Thread: Deleted
View Single Post
      09-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Dude, that totally sucks royal donkey balls!

If your transcript is accurate (no !@#$ missing on your part... ha), you were FAR more reserved than I can imagine I might have been!

What to do? Ya, insurance is probably an option - mischief / negligence is Comprehensive so a lower deductible but I can only imagine they will settle 50/50 in the end anyway and Mr. Douchebag probably knows that. Also, my experience with Insurance companies is NOT good... they will find a way to make money off BOTH of you, in the end.

Small claims - for sure! Just know there are costs and many many tedious procedures and time off work to get that done. In the end you will likely need to find satisfaction just watching him pissed off to have to show up at every court session, than you ever will getting paid, as it will cost you (in time) just as much.

Third - surely you can find someone somewhere who is "selling" that bumper for 200% what you might be able to find elsewhere? He didn't say half of a specific price did he? He said half of what it would cost, right? Well... shop around, just don't be so frugal.

Finally - share the name of the company / location - and AFTER he pays you, copy him on the thread so he can see the real cost of his ignorance.
Appreciate 0